Sunday, November 17, 2013

What's good enough for Jesus...

Is more than good enough for me. 
I was feeling discouraged today. Nothing earth shattering, just life and little things adding up. I read an ig post about Luke 5:16 that says, "so Jesus often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed." It really got to me. Even Jesus himself often had to escape from it all, head off into the great outdoors and just pray. 
How often are my prayers interrupted. I pray here and there all day, but sometimes what God really wants is a good heart to heart, off by ourselves, with no distractions. How healing it is to just go off by yourself and pray. Be still. Pray. Listen. We have not because we ask not. 
Thankfully our God can use even Instagram to remind us where we need to be looking when we are discouraged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment