Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful.

I'm sitting here basking in the glow of a holiday done well. 
My youngest brother, his wife, their 4 kids, my parents, and my oldest brothers son all made the 15 hour drive from Southern California to east New Mexico (basically west Texas) to spend the week with us. It was pretty much everything I hoped it would be. The kids had an absolute blast. They left behind the beautiful but busy California streets for the wide open spaces of farm life. They were greeted with crisp air and snow on the ground. To a California kid, snow is like gold; they could hardly get their coats and boots on fast enough to get out and play in it. The adults drank coffee and relaxed and held babies (my brothers youngest is only a couple months behind Luke) and the kids ran wild all over. Everyone got to shoot guns, both real and BB, get a tour of the dairy, take tractor rides, and even milk a cow. The weather was just chilly enough to be festive, but not enough to ruin the fun. We ate until we felt sick on Thanksgiving, and Sam has been asking for pumpkin pie every other second since Thursday. 
It was really a wonderful holiday, and it highlighted all of the many things I have to be thankful for. 

Vince and Luke, 4 months and 6 months

Dairy tours

Making the stuffing with grandma

Thanksgiving festivities

All of us minus a napping Luke

My own little family. Don't mind the naked baby and our sweats. It was after a very large dinner.

My heart is full. 

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more....it was one of those holidays that will go down in the memory books as one of the best ever. LOVED every minute of it. And I know the kids will talk about it always. Yes, we are VERY blessed, and I too am very grateful! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete