Monday, September 23, 2013

My prayer for Sam.

Dear Lord, 

Exactly two years ago, I was hours away from going into labor, and experiencing the greatest gift You had ever given me. Samuel Alan has blessed my life in more ways than I can count, and I thank You and praise You for him today and everyday.

I thank You for his health. He's been sick less than a handful of times in his two years on this earth, and never anything serious. He has grown and developed just as he should, and I will never take that for granted. I ask for Your continued blessing over his health and development. I ask for You to touch his body and help him to grow and thrive. I ask You to protect him when we can't. Guard over him, and keep him safe.

I thank You for his sweet personality. His friendly little self just makes my heart burst. Watching him become his own person has brought me so much joy. I ask that You help us to shape him; to discipline him when necessary, while giving him room to be him. Help us teach him and guide him, while enjoying the unique individual that You created. 

I thank You for Mike, and everyone else in Sam's life that loves him. But especially Mike. I am so thankful he has such a wonderful, involved dad who's wish is to raise a son who loves Jesus. He's surrounded by good people who love him. I ask that you continue to place people in his life who will be positive influences on him. Give him plenty of friends, teachers, and family who will point him to You.

I thank You for blessing us with everything we need to meet his basic needs and then some. I ask that You can guide us to a life that will always keep food in his tummy and a roof over his head. 

I ask for Your constant guidance over us, as parents. Give us patience when we need it. Give us wisdom in situations where the right answer isn't clear. If we succeed in anything, let us succeed in raising a kid(s) who knows You. If he has You, he has everything he needs. 

I thank You and praise You for Sam. Mold and shape us to be the parents You would have us be to help raise him into the man You would have him become.

Amen.  

4 comments:

  1. A mother's prayer for her children always brings me to tears! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too pray for God's best blessings on sweet little Sam! How I love him! He is a constant source of joy for all of us! How pleased I am for Sam that he has got you for his mommy, and Mike for his daddy. He is blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melody, I am a blog friend of your mother, Debbie, this is one of the sweetest prayer blessings. Wishing Sam a very Happy Birthday!
    I feel as though I already know you by reading, Debbie's blog, you remind me so much of my daughter, Susan, both of you are beautiful both inside and out.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!! I'm sure I've heard my mom talk about you before :)

      Delete