Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kids lately.

Sam. 
He's turning into quite the little person. He has his own thoughts and his own ideas and his little mind works in its own little way. I'm so fascinated by his every move. Is that weird? I love looking at him to see how he'll react to things. He talks about his dad, his dads pick up, and his dads tractors all day long. It's adorable. He's such a boy. 
The other day, I was watching him not napping on the video monitor. He was in there sitting on his bed holding his moo cow talking about "mowing with dada." This is not an unusual occurrence. It usually lasts 10 minutes or so before he lays down and goes to sleep. He's a very good sleeper, I rarely have problems with it. Well, this day, he didn't stop. He stayed in there flipping around on his bed talking about going with dada in the poo-up (pick up) to see the corn and to ride the tractor. Omg. Who would have thought I'd ever have a farm kid?!? So I go in there, kind of annoyed, and say, "Sam, why aren't you sleeping?" 
To which he replies, "No seepin. I no like it. Eat cookies?" 
I let him get up. I did not let him eat cookies. 

Luke. 
The rate that this baby is growing is blowing my mind. It's so crazy how much they change in their first few months of life. He has left behind any and all newborn traits and is an official baby. He plays with (aka, shoves in mouth, violently) toys, rolls around, grabs his feet and coos the sweetest baby coos. I love to see his little eyes lock with mine, and watch his little brain click, "oh that's that mom lady!" His face lights up in the biggest, sweetest grin. It feels great to know he's that happy just to see me. His giggle. Ugh. Something about a little baby giggle just gets me.

The other night, we had a moment. One of those moments where my heart just explodes and I want to freeze it and lock it away forever. Luke was a bit fussy and demanding full attention. He was laying on a blanket and I was sitting right over him, talking to him to keep him happy. Sam came up behind me and wanted to "ride a neigh neigh". So Sam is on my back, piggy back style, and I'm sitting there still looking at Luke, bouncing and singing. Luke's eyes widened as he took in the situation, and then he focused in on Sam's laughing face, above my shoulder. He started laughing that glorious baby belly laugh. He got SUCH a kick out of Sam riding on my back. I, of course, continued bouncing and singing so I could prolong this sweet moment. I glanced at Mike to be sure he was watching. He was. I saw everything I was feeling plastered all over his face. It was so fun. A glimpse into their sibling relationship. A glimpse into a payoff for my hard work in keeping up with two babies only 20 months apart. 

I can't wait for more of those moments. 

2 comments:

  1. loved everything about this post! they grow soo fast....cherish it all! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry!! So great. I can't wait to give Porter a sibling (I mean, I CAN wait... but you know. Yay!)

    ReplyDelete